Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Year, A New Me!

Just wanted to check in since it has been SO long since I posted anything...

The holidays were not good for me. I pretty much abandoned the program for 3 entire weeks and went a bit crazy -- eating basically anything I wanted, and unfortunately, I wanted a lot! With all of the holiday goodies in the house, it wasn't a pretty sight. We also had 2 birthdays in our home (and so, 2 birthday cakes) over the last couple of weeks, and I gave in (and after not having a cake on MY own birthday, that really stinks!!) . The good news is, even though I was eating a lot of the wrong things, I did stick to my portion control, and kept things small, so the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Bottom line, since we last spoke in November, I have gained 3 pounds. I'm back up to 179. UGH! Total weight loss is only 36 pounds. I should be at 50 by now!!! My own fault. No one to blame but me... and maybe Santa's little goody elves...

But, I have learned some great lessons since I began this journey in August. The most important one is that this is really more of a spiritual battle than a physical one. I have to be able to approach it as such, and that is exactly what I intend to do this year. No more giving in to the weaknesses of the flesh. If I allow my physical desire for food to control me, I am allowing my flesh to overcome my spirit. I know that is a battle that my Heavenly Father does not want me to lose. I also know that with His help, I WILL win.

I am back on the program 100% now. I know from my fantastic experience from August to November, that I CAN do this. It's a new year, and it is going to be a new me!!! Anyone out there want to join me? Now is the time!!! Let's do it together!

PS - My mom-in-law was much more diligent than I was during the holidays, and she has caught up with me! She started 8 weeks ago, and has already lost 35 pounds! She did make a conscious choice to have a few goodies over Christmas too, but she was smart and still stuck to the program 99% of the time, unlike her coach! Way to go Mom!!!

1 comment:

  1. i was beginning to wonder about you since we haven't heard from you in such a long time. but we're still cheering you on! here's to a new year!

    ReplyDelete